Dear Parents, we are writing to tell you about a research study that we are conducting at the University of Alberta that may be of interest to you.
What is the study about?
Changes to early intervention in Alberta have made it harder for young children to get speech-language therapy. Researchers at the UofA are conducting a study to learn how language changes over time for these children. If you have a young child with language delay / difficulty, you and your child might be eligible to participate. The name of the study is Language Growth in Preschoolers with Language Difficulties.
Who can participate?
We are looking for children who:
● Will be starting Kindergarten in 2023
● Have diagnosed language delay/difficulty OR whose parents have concerns ● Are not receiving regular speech-language therapy
● 3 language assessments over 1 year
● Your child will receive gift cards as thanks for their participation.
● We will be happy to share your child’s results with you.
For more information, please contact us at (780) 492-4098 / email@example.com. More information about the study is also available at https://tiny.one/ABlanguage. The University of Alberta Ethics Board has approved this study (Ethics ID #Pro001114949). We look forward to hearing from you!
The Language Development and Disorders Lab Principal Investigator: Monique Charest, Ph.D., R.SLP