OCL Rink Update
OCL Rinks will be going strong again this year. We will have benches outside to use and there will be a porta-potty on site as in previous seasons.
Weather permitting the pond and hockey rinks will be opening in late November or early December. The ice lights for both rinks will be on from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, 7 days a week. The rink shack at Ottewell will require volunteer supervisors in order for it to be open to skaters.
Ottewell rink is maintained and supervised by volunteers. If you would like to volunteer at the rink it is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and give back to your community. Volunteer positions include:
- Maintenance: This position involves clearing the ice of snow using scrapers, shovels and a snowblower as well as flooding the ice as needed. These tasks are quite physical and are completed as needed. They don’t follow a regular schedule.
- Supervision: This position would involve opening and supervising the rink shack on a weeknight or a weekend afternoon for at least 3 hours (e.g. Mondays from 6-9 pm or Saturdays from 12-3 pm). This would be a weekly commitment for the skating season.
Weather permitting, Ottewell will be opening both rinks in early December. Lights for both rinks will be on from 5pm to 9pm, 7 days a week. Please note that there will be no attendant or staff member on-site.
If you would like to volunteer at the OCL rink please email Tom at email@example.com.
Thanks to our Volunteers that are giving their time to flood and maintain the ice to ensure the kids of Ottewell have some outdoor fun!
- Skate at your own risk.
- Wear your helmet.
- Share the space. The pond rink is for skaters and small hockey players who aren’t safe on the big rink.
- Play safe, and if you don’t feel well, stay home.
- Please use the garbage cans provided. Keep our rink area clean!