OCL Rink Update
The OCL rinks will continue to operate differently this year.
Due to COVID -19 regulations, the volunteer-staffed rink shack will not be open to start the season. We will have benches outside to use, and our patio area will be accessible. There will be a porta-potty on site. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Ottewell Community League has two rinks.
One is an outdoor, boarded ice Hockey Rink with nets, and the second surface is the Skating Rink made available for families.
PLEASE keep the small rink open for families with smaller children to skate freely. Hockey is to be played on the large rink so the little kids can learn how to skate without fear of fast-moving pucks and big kids!
Weather permitting, Ottewell will be opening both rinks in early December. Lights for both rinks will be on from 5pm to 9pm, 7 days a week. Please note that there will be no attendant or staff member on-site.
Thanks to our Volunteers that are giving their time to flood and maintain the ice to ensure the kids of Ottewell have some outdoor fun!
• Skate at your own risk.
• Wear your helmet.
• Share the space. We all want to enjoy the pond rink.
• Play safe, and if you don’t feel well, stay home
• Please use the garbage cans provided. Keep our rink area clean!
As per AHS guidelines:
Physically distance when multiple cohorts are sharing the ice;
• Wash or sanitize your hands before and after each skate;
• Refrain from spitting and clearing nasal passages;
• Refrain from sharing equipment or water bottles;
• Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face; and,
• Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.